Thursday 16 June 2011

The lions of Longleat

Had a day out yesterday with my son and his family. We visited Longleat Safari Park in Wiltshire.
We saw lots of animals including the famous lions

and tigers (my favourite)

The young fallow deer came right up to the cars looking for food.

Just the right time of year for visiting if you like flowers. The rose gardens are beautiful and full of the amazing scent of the flowers.


This is the 50 year old silver back gorilla who lives on the island in the lake. He is alone now since his partner died about 5 years ago. He has his own little house on the island with a television and his favourite programme is Spongebob Squarepants. Not a very clear picture taken from the boat. He is very grey because of his age, a bit like me!


I just had to hold this lovely big spider

but Zachariah preferred the snake (which I would not touch!)


"I will lead you through the maze"


But maybe we needed someone taller. We didn't make it to the centre and I became rather claustrophobic and decided we should find our way out, or stay all night.


Not sure Zachariah liked Postman Pat

No definitely not!

The Giraffe sculpture is rather nice though.

"Look at me, I'm Spider man"

It was a lovely day and though rain threatened it didn't actually come.


No comments: