Saturday 16 April 2011

Saturday 16th April 2011

White dead nettle

Ladybird on fence


Lady's smock
Marsh marigold

Too long since I posted here. Think I might use my blog as garden and wild life diary.
Lots of things happening in the garden at this time of year. Daffodils have just about finished but many other spring flowers growing providing lots of colour.
Butterflies have been appearing this past week or so. I saw a small white, small tortoiseshell and a speckled wood last week. Today a holly blue was feeding on my forget-me-nots.

Visited Magor Marsh with Stuart today for an Easter Eggstravaganza. The weather was lovely, 18C in the shade and quite a bit a warmer in the sun. Flowers there included marsh marigolds, lady's smock and white dead nettles. Saw small white and orange tip butterflies.

We did a treasure trail and toasted marshmallows. At the end of the treasure trail Stuart earned a cream egg.



In the bottom of my fridge I found some potatoes which had started to sprout. I asked Stuart if he knew where potatoes came form and he said "another country?" I thought it would be a good idea to show him so we have planted the sprouting potatoes in the garden so hoping they produce some potatoes for him to see.


No comments: