Sunday 7 January 2024

Catalogue of my treasures

May seem a strange idea but I have lots of "treasures" that I have collected over the years.  They are mainly from charity shops but not all of them. Some were gifted to me.  As I am getting older I worry about what will happen to them all when I am no longer here.  I doubt my family will want any and I doubt any are worth very much but if the family know what they are they can find out if any are valuable and then possibly sell them.  I tried to do this is a word document but I couldn't get to grips with my word processing programme, when I tried to add photos they were all upside down and I didn't know how to rotate them. I have therefore resorted to using my blog as I am used to that.  Here is my first listing. 😁

 Davidson's vintage Art Deco 1930s Pink Pressed glass chevron design vase

This vase was made by the Davidson Glassware company in the 1930s.  It is pink depression glass in an art deco design called Chevron.  This was called Elegant glass which was a higher quality than regular pressed glass of the depression era. According to the article below it was created in United States but Davidson's was a British company so must have followed United States. 

George Davidson founded the Teams Flint Glass Works in 1867, which later became known as George Davidson & Co. In the 1880's the company began producing pressed glass tableware. During the 1920's designs changed to reflect the new Art Deco trends. The factory closed in 1987.


Elegant glass is high quality glassware created in the United States during the Depression Era. It was sold for high prices in department stores and given as wedding gifts.[1] Although part of the Depression Era, it is considered by most to be a separate category or sub category of Depression glass.[2] When new, Elegant glass would cost more than standard Depression glass, because it was at least partially handmade, had a cleaner finish, and more vibrant colors. From the 1920s through the 1950s, Elegant glass was an alternative to fine china. Most of the Elegant glassware manufacturers closed by the end of the 1950s, and cheap glassware and imported china took its place.

No comments: